Types of Exchange

  • Bilateral exchange (Partner university): If your university has a bilateral exchange agreement with USM, you can come and do one or two semesters of exchange. Consult your home university if the agreement is restricted to certain academic areas or certain USM campuses. Download the details of USM agreements with foreign universities here.


  • Direct enrollment: If you want to do a semester or year of exchange at the USM and your university does not have an exchange agreement with USM, you can apply as an independent exchange student. To know the fees associated with exchange, consult Felipe Aguirre, Coordinator of International Students.


  • Tailor Made Agencies and Programs: The USM offers programs specially designed for foreign students of pre and / or postgraduate, agreed in particular with foreign institutions / universities. Examples of agencies in collaboration with USM: